New Goloka NC presents their annual Festival of the Chariots (Ratha Yatra) parade down the streets of Morrisville.
- The procession begins promptly at 10:00 am close from Morrisville Firestation. Please check parade route map here.
- Following the 2 mile parade, a grand celebration awaits the crowd, including an exhibition showcasing India´s spirituality and culture.
- Festival site will be held at Morrisville’s new Church Street Park.
- The festival site will feature 20-plus tents with various forms of entertainment, lunch, dancing, live music, shopping, henna, Vedic culture and arts, and many more kid activities.
- Visitors can expect an event filled with colorful floats, traditional costumes, Hindu rituals, unique music, and dramas.
- The whole family will enjoy exploring the unique cultural, educational displays and exhibitions, cooking demonstrations,as well as a COMPLIMENTARY feast, revealing the spiritual heart of India.
Ratha Yatra, the Festival of The Chariots, originated thousands of years ago in Jagannatha Puri in Orissa on the North Eastern coast of India, where it is still observed by the entire population. Over 5 million people attend the event, and it is also celebrated in every town across India.
For more details visit http://www.rathayatranc.com/
The special benefits one can derive in participating in this festival are immeasurable:
** By seeing the most merciful form of Lord Jagannatha, mainly recognizable by His two large round eyes, one will make rapid spiritual progress and gain instant purification.
** if anyone just sees the Rathayäträ cart passing and stands up to receive the Lord, he can purge all sinful results from his body.
** if anyone follows the Rathayäträ cart when the Deities pass in front or from behind, even if he is born of a lowly family, he can achieve opulence equal to that of Visnu (God).
** By engaging in dancing and chanting during the Ratha Yatra parade, one can uplift one’s soul beyond all meditations.
** By performing any activities to help making this festival a success, one is granted the full blessings of the Lord.
** By donating one’s time, one’s efforts or one’s money – One’s home, family and friends will be fully blessed forever.
Although one may think such statements to be exaggerations, expert devotees who know the intricacies of transcendental science do not doubt them.