Book Distribution & Harinama
ISKCON New Goloka congregation performs book distribution of vedic literature on weekends, special occasions and during festivals by going out on streets, door to door and at different public places. Also every Saturday there is public Harinama Sankirtana in parks and on streets.
To purchase a book or to join the book distribution team contact: Aditya-Narayan Dasa +1 (407) 451-7735.
To join in weekly Harinama Sankirtana contact: Drishta Dasa +1 (919) 593-7530.
Srila Prabhupada greatly emphasized the distribution of spiritual literature such as Bhagavad-gita, Srimad Bhagavatam and several other Vedic scriptures. The books written and translated by Srila Prabhupada are our biggest treasure and asset. Those who participate in this important service of book distribution are sure to experience the ecstasy of this service.
“Sometimes I become surprised how I have written this. Although I am the writer, still sometimes I am surprised how these things have come. Such vivid description. Where is such literature throughout the whole world? It is all Kṛṣṇa’s mercy. Every line is perfect.” Talk About Varnasrama, S.B. 2.1.1-5 — June 28, 1977, Vrndavana.
“But one thing I may inform you, that the three books which I have already prepared, namely the Bhagavad-Gita As It Is, Teachings of Lord Caitanya and Srimad Bhagavatam, all these books are the ultimate source of knowledge. If you simply reproduce what I have tried to explain in those books, surely you will come out victorious, even in the midst of so many mundane scholars. The descriptions given in these books are not mundane speculations, but they are authorized versions of liberated souls, presented by our humble self. So the strength is not in us, but the strength is in the Supreme Lord. And we have simply to present them without any adulteration, in humble service spirit. That is the secret of success.” – Letter to Devananda dasa, September 1968:
“These books are so potent that anyone who reads them is sure to become Krishna Conscious. So it is a very valuable service to distribute our books.” Letter to John Milner—Bombay – 22 April, 1971
“There is no literature throughout the universe like Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam. There is no comparison. There is no competition. Every word is for the good of the human society. Every word, each and every word. Therefore we stress so much in the book distribution. Somehow or other, if the book goes in one hand, he will be benefited. At least he will see, “Oh, they have taken so much price. Let me see what is there.” If he reads one śloka, his life will be successful. If one śloka, one word. This is such nice things. Therefore we are stressing so much, “Please distribute book, distribute book, distribute book.” A greater mṛdaṅga. We are chanting, playing our mṛdaṅga. It is heard within this room or little more. But this mṛdaṅga will go home to home, country to country, community to community, this mṛdaṅga.” Lecture on SB 1.16.8 — Los Angeles, January 5, 1974.
New Goloka Sankirtan Team Main Projects:
- Monthly Sankirtan Festival: once a month the entire team along with children goes out to share books and meet after the seva for sharing and prasadam.
2. Events: we setup book table at various events in and around town like earth day, veg fest, music festivals, etc.
3. Weekly Harinama Sankirtana: every Saturday devotees go out to share the Holy Name.
4. Sunday Book table at temple: every Sunday volunteers show our entire set of books to visitors to the temple.
5. Smart Box: we place a beautiful display of books in local stores like Indian grocery stores, giving people interested in spirituality an easy access to these most important books.
6. Motel Gita: we place Gitas in every room in every motel.
7. Hospitals, hospices and other medical facilities: we place Gitas in the chapels of various hospitals and provide Gitas to every patient in search of spiritual knowledge.
8.Bhadra Purnima: every year in September on the auspicious day of Bhadra Purnima we distribute many full sets of Srimad Bhagavatam.
9. December Live to Give Campaign: every December we take extra endeavors to gift Gitas far and wide. Every year, the global campaign is distributing over 2.5 million copies of Gitas.
10. Prison Gitas: Bhagavad Gitas are placed in prison libraries and distributed to each prisons, providing them the knowledge to lead a peaceful life based on spiritual principles.
Ways In Which You Can Participate in this powerful Book Distribution Service?
- Sastra Daan: You can donate money for the books that will be distributed on your behalf or you can buy books and distribute yourself.
- Sending follow-up emails each weekend to people we meet on book distribution.
- Being at the welcome table at the Sunday Program and festivals.
- Showing up for Monthly Sankirtana Festival and door to door book distribution
- Signing up for two-hour slots at events.
- Coordinating/cooking prasadam for book distribution.
- Creating excel sheet/scheduling slots for event book distribution.
- Accompanying children as they distribute books door to door.
- Help placing books in hospitals, hospices, nursing homes, corporate offices, etc.
- Help placing Gitas in every room in every motel.
- Making prasadam for mass distribution (cookies, dry fruits, etc.)
Please Join us and experience the ecstasy while offering this service.
Online Course on Book Distribution
Learn the art of distributing Srila Prabhupada’s books
By His Grace Navina Nirada Prabhu
By His Grace Vaisesika Prabhu:
You are distributing this knowledge, so you become immediately recognized, very dear servant, very confidential servant of Krsna. He says personally. [Bg. 18.69]. “Amongst the human beings those who are doing this preaching, nobody is dearer than these persons to Me”